Welcome to Summer 2020 Project!
What is the design project challenge?
University students in Electrical or Computer Engineering majors who are looking for a hands-on, structured learning experience around electronics design will benefit from participating in this limited time summer opportunity. The theme of the project is robotics and it will feature the TI-RSLK MAX robot as a platform to get your design started quickly. Through the course of the project, you will create and prototype a design while building your skills and training to manage your project planning and timelines. You will be working directly with TI mentors to tune and focus your design.
When is the design project challenge?
The project learning opportunity will run from June 15th to July 31st as an online project. Project submission deadline has passed.
What will I learn?
The TI Robotics System Learning Kit (TI-RSLK) is a great platform to learn embedded systems, but also as a start for developing custom designs. This learning kit will be the basis of your design project. You will learn a lot about circuit design and manufacturing as you create your own robotics application or accessory attachment to the robot. These skills will be extremely useful for electrical and computer engineering students going into their capstone design course. Practicing engineering design skills this summer will translate well when you implement your designs in the future.
Recommended learning resources for Summer 2020
Free online courses
- Mechatronics revolution: Fundamentals and core concepts (edX): Go in depth with the topic of microcontrollers and electromechanical systems
- Embedded Systems - shape the world: Microcontroller input/output (edX): Explore embedded systems and create your own project
- Real-time Bluetooth® networks – shape the world: A follow on course on embedded systems that dives into real-time operating system and wireless connectivity
- TI-RSLK MAX training curriculum: Take the self-paced learning modules through the TI-RSLK MAX robot and build up your knowledge around systems learning
- MSP430 workshop: Take a deep dive through the popular microcontroller architecture of the MSP43x family
- C2000™ F28004x microcontroller workshop: Hands-on technical course based on the TMS320F280049C powerful high performance device with DSP capabilities
- C2000™ F2837xD microcontroller workshop: Hands-on technical course based on the TMS320F28379D powerful high performance device with DSP capabilities
- Getting started with TI-RTOS training series: The on-demand version to learn real-time operating system includes 13 chapters, 19 labs and 57 video lectures (7 total hours of video)
- SimpleLink™ MSP432™ low-power + high-performance MCUs training series: Learn about the MSP432 Arm Cortex M4F features and peripherals and how these microcontrollers operate
- Introduction to Embedded Systems: Using microcontrollers and the MSP430: Access a free copy of the book from the publisher Springer