The Texas Instruments Design the World Contest
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER. Void where prohibited.
- ELIGIBILITY. Open only to (i) legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia and the European Economic Area (EEA), excluding France, Italy, Belgium and Sweden, who are over the age of 18 or the legal age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence (whichever is greater) as of the date and time of entry, (ii) with an active user account on the Website (as defined below) at the time of an entry. Having an active user account at the Website is free. Individuals must satisfy the criteria in (i) and (ii) in the preceding sentence and complete the entry requirements pursuant to Section 2 (each, an “Entry”) to be eligible to win a prize. Employees of Texas Instruments Incorporated, a Delaware corporation, with a principal place of business at 12500 TI Boulevard, Dallas, Texas 75243 USA (“Sponsor”), and their immediate families (e.g., parent, child, spouse or sibling and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and those living in the same household as such an employee (whether or not related), and participating advertising and promotion agencies, are not eligible to enter or win. By participating, entrants to this Contest (“Entrants”) agree to be bound by these official rules (“Official Rules”) and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are binding and final on matters relating to this Contest. This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws.
- TO ENTER. The Contest begins at 12:01 a.m. Central Standard Time (“CST”) on October 9 2017 and ends at 11:59 p.m. CST on December 9, 2017 (the “Entry Period”). All Entries must be received by 11:59 p.m. CST on December 9, 2017 to be eligible. During the Entry Period, enter the Contest by entering as follows and in accordance with the entry requirements of these Official Rules. There are two types of Entries that are eligible for different types of prizes: (i) a Registration Entry and (ii) a Quiz Entry.
(i) Registration Entry (each such Entry, a “Registration Entry”):
Step 1: Create a myTI Account (if you already have a myTI Account proceed to Step 2).
Access to submit an Entry through the Quiz Website requires an account with my.ti.com (the “Website”). Entrants who are not currently registered for an account with the Website may register at my.ti.com by entering information in the required fields and creating an account. Accounts are free.
Step 2: Register for the Contest on the Quiz Website
Visit http://www.designtheworldcontest.com/ (the “Quiz Website”) and click “Begin Challenge” for your challenge of interest to access the Registration Form. Follow the prompts on the Registration Form and click “Submit” to receive one (1) Registration Entry into the Contest. In order to be eligible and receive your Registration Entry into the Contest by the method described in this subsection, you must complete the entire Registration Form and successfully click the “Submit” button; otherwise, you will not receive a Registration Entry into the Contest.
(ii) Quiz Entry (each such Entry, a “Quiz Entry”):
Step 1: Complete a Registration Entry (as described above)
In order to complete a Quiz Entry, you must first complete a Registration Entry as described in the section above.
Step 2: Complete the Quiz
After completing the Registration Entry, you will be presented with three challenge questions (the “Quiz”): an environmental challenge, a technological challenge and a humanitarian challenge. Follow the prompts to answer all three challenge questions to complete the Quiz in its entirety. You may be given more than one opportunity to answer a challenge question. When finished with each challenge question, click the “Submit” button. Entrants who answer all three challenge questions correctly before running out of opportunities to answer will receive one (1) Quiz Entry into the Contest. In order to be eligible and receive your Quiz Entry into the Contest by the method described in this subsection, you must complete the entire Quiz and successfully click the “Submit” button for each challenge question; otherwise, you will not receive a Quiz Entry into the Contest.
- DRAWING, NOTIFICATION AND REQUIREMENTS. The first one hundred (100) eligible Registration Entries received by Sponsor will each be a potential winner of a Registration Prize (described below). Potential winners of the Registration Prizes will be notified on or about December 10, 2017. Additionally, there will be one (1) potential winner of the Quiz Prize (described below) selected by Sponsor in a random drawing held on or about December 10, 2017 from all eligible Quiz Entries. Odds of winning either a Registration Prize or the Quiz Prize depend on the total number of eligible Entries received, and in the case of the Registration Prizes, the time of Entry. Potential winners will be notified by mail, phone, e-mail, and/or a direct message within the Website environment. If a prize notification is returned as undeliverable, Entrant does not respond to such notification within a reasonable time period (not to exceed ten (10) days) or an Entrant is not in compliance with these Official Rules, the prize will be forfeited and, at Sponsor’s discretion, an alternate winner selected (i) in the case of Registration Entries and Prizes, based on the next eligible Registration Entry after the first one hundred (100) (i.e. the 101st, 102nd, 103rd, Registration Entry and so on until all Registration Prizes are claimed) or (ii) in the case of Quiz Entries, at random from the remaining eligible Quiz Entries. A potential winner is not an official winner (“Winner”) until that potential winner’s eligibility has been verified and such potential winner has been notified that verification is complete. Sponsor’s decisions are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest.
- PRIZE. Each Registration Prize Winner will receive a TI branded backpack (a “Registration Prize”). The approximate retail value (“ARV”) of the Registration Prize is twenty-seven dollars USD ($27 USD). The Quiz Prize Winner will receive the following: a $250 Amazon.com gift card (ARV $250 USD), a JBL Charge 3 Bluetooth® portable speaker (ARV $140 USD), an MSP430™ LaunchPad™ Development Kit (ARV $17 USD), a Seeedstudio Sidekick Basic Kit (ARV $30 USD) and a TI backpack (ARV $27 USD) (collectively, the “Quiz Prize”). Total ARV of the Quiz Prize is $464 and the total ARV of the Quiz Prize and all Registration Prizes (individually a “Prize” and collectively, the “Prizes”) is $3,164 USD. Except as otherwise provided, Prizes are awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied by Sponsor. Winners may not substitute, assign, transfer, sell, or redeem a Prize for cash. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to substitute a Prize (or portion thereof) with one of comparable or greater value; including, but not limited to, Prizes converted into the local currency of a Winner’s home country. Winners are responsible for all applicable federal, state, and local taxes, if any, as well as any other costs and expenses associated with Prize acceptance and use not specified herein as being provided. All Prize details are at Sponsor’s sole discretion.
- LIMITATIONS. Limit one (1) Registration Entry and one (1) Quiz Entry per person, per household pursuant to Section 2 for the duration of the Entry Period. You may not enter more times than indicated by using multiple email addresses, identities, Website accounts, or devices in an attempt to circumvent these Official Rules. You may not share answers to the Quiz questions with others. If you share the Quiz answers, you may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of Sponsor. Entries received from any person in excess of the stated limitation will be void. Entries must fulfill all Contest requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a Prize. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to these Official Rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of Sponsor. If you use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent these Official Rules your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of Sponsor. Entries generated by script, macro, or other automated means, or by any means which subvert the entry process are void.
- LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY. To the extent allowable under applicable law, neither the Sponsor, nor any of its subsidiaries, advertising and/or promotion agencies, or any of their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents (collectively, “Released Parties”) will have any liability whatsoever for, and shall be held harmless by Entrants against, any liability, for any injuries, losses, or damages of any kind, including death, to persons, or damage to property resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, misuse or use of any prize or participation in this Contest. In the event of a dispute regarding Entries received from multiple users having the same account, the authorized subscriber of the account at the time of Entry will be deemed to be the Entrant and must comply with these Official Rules. An authorized account subscriber is the natural person who is assigned the Website or Quiz Website account, by the organization responsible for assigning such accounts, as applicable. Sponsor’s liability hereunder will be limited to the Entrant’s cost of entering and participating in the Contest, and in no event shall the Released Parties be liable for attorneys' fees and/or experts' fees and costs. Entrant waives the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages and Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
- PUBLICITY GRANT: Each Winner, by acceptance of a Prize, except where legally prohibited, grants permission for Sponsor, its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising, and promotion agencies, and their designees to use his/her name, address (city, state, province, country, etc.), photograph, voice, and/or other likeness, comments, entry, and prize information for advertising, trade, and promotional purposes (including for purposes of announcing winners), without further compensation, in all media now known or hereafter discovered, worldwide in perpetuity, without notice, review, or approval.
- GOVERNING LAW AND JURISDICTION. These Official Rules and the rights and obligations of Entrants and Sponsor in connection with the Contest shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Texas, without giving effect to choice of law or conflict of law principles that would cause the application of any other state laws, and any dispute arising from this Contest shall be brought in, and each Entrant hereby consents to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue in, the federal district courts in Dallas County, Texas.
- WINNERS LIST. For the names of the Winners (available between December 20, 2017 and January 20, 2017), email email@example.com with the subject line TI Design the World Contest.
- MISCELLANEOUS. If any provision(s) of these Official Rules are held to be invalid or unenforceable, all remaining provisions hereof will remain in full force and effect. This Contest is subject to all applicable export control laws and regulations. This Contest shall not be published without the written permission of the Sponsor.